Working Parents and Carers - E2W/Men for Inclusion Subgroup
katie.robertson / 15 Nov 2023
After running a successful network and supportive community for many years, we have added in a few subgroups over the years, for people who are going through similar moments in their career; Senior Leaders, Alpha Challengers and individuals looking for new career opportunities to name a few.
We have created a supportive group for members, who are facing similar experiences, challenges and success that come with being a working parent or care giver. This can be from negotiating your maternity/paternity leave, returning after a career break, navigating full time employment with caring responsibilities, experiencing the empty nest for the first time in many years and adjusting to a child being at University/Work.
We know there is great power and comfort in a strong network, where you can share tips, seek advice and ask questions amongst a confidential and non-judgemental group.
Some ideas we have around the format:
- Meet in London once a quarter for in person networking
- Have an open forum Zoom call, where members discuss their experiences as a working parent/soon to be working parent
- Guest speakers – similar format to the coffee break, with a focus on the effects of being a parent/carer in the workplace
- WhatsApp group to share ideas, connect with one another and ask questions
- Motivational stories – share positive stories from working parents
If you are interesting in joining this subgroup, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd be delighted to have you join us!
Back to blog