“We were on a journey, indeed my firm had committed me to it, there was no turning back but moving forward was a challenge. To meet my targets and the company strategy I needed more capable and qualified female candidates for many of our open roles. Traditional candidate sources were failing to provide the answers. And because cost and time hire were also important I needed to find a reliable and professional partner. That’s when I found E2W.”
Head of Recruitment , Investment Bank
Last year, E2W supported over 200 women in their careers. This year (2018), we’re on target to support double this figure, with more than 400 women in the financial services industry turning to E2W to support their career progression. And it’s not just senior women turning to us – now, the recruitment departments of the country’s leading financial institutions retain E2W as a key component of their recruitment strategy to find the best female candidates for their senior roles.
Drawing on our membership network, we are able to introduce highly capable, professional female candidates for roles in our areas of focus. We are committed to bringing gender diversity to the forefront of recruitment strategies and our clients are, too. Our clients recognise that, to achieve this, they need to implement recruitment strategies with a true emphasis on diversity – and are committed to doing so with E2W right behind them.
Our top clients partner with us, they support our membership network hosting events and we promote and champion them as leading employers – on our website and in our work in increasing diversity in the financial services sector.
We offer a number of solutions:
- Embedded Diversity Recruitment Team - For high volume clients we place one of our team at our client site. Working alongside our clients recruitment teams we ensure opportunities to meet talented, capable female candidates for every open vacancy are maximised.
- Retained Searches - for very senior or niche roles we offer a full search service designed to work alongside traditional search firms. We offer a number of commercial options, all with an element based on a successful placement. Options also include a price per qualified candidate.
- Contingent - for mid and senior tier roles we offer clients who have a diversity recruitment strategy commercial terms based solely on success. Our ability to source not just qualified and capable female candidates but make placements is well proven.
- Promoted – for associate and VP level roles we offer clients who are committed to diversity the opportunity to have E2W advertise their vacancies via our website and our newsletters.
Our areas of focus are permanent and contract roles in:
- Investment Banking Front Office – Sales, Origination, Structuring, Trading and Trade Support
- Investment Management Front Office – Client Management, Portfolio Management, Trading & Trade Support
- Other Front Office - Client Management, Support,
- Middle and Back Office Operations
- Regulatory, legal and compliance functions
- Financial and Non-Financial Risk – Market, Liquidity, Counterparty, Operational
- Business Change
Mostly because it makes good business sense, Financial Institutions of all shapes and sizes are making challenging commitments to improve gender diversity. With increased transparency and well proven business cases, achieving these commitments is a business imperative. Many firms are finding that moving the dial is not simply a case of ticking a few boxes and undertaking some discreet projects or initiatives. The firms that are leading the journey have implemented a comprehensive framework that supports and enables them to meet their goals.
E2W have seen, supported and developed best practice, and are now offering a range of consultancy services with our partners to help them to do the same by following the framework that our leading clients follow.
This framework is constructed around five diversity cornerstones: commitment, recruitment, culture and working practices, pipeline and statistics, and focuses on ‘firms that are working for women’ – and, with our help, you can become one too.
Typically, our initial engagement will be a short study or series of workshops taking a holistic, structured approach to assess where you are in your diversity journey as a firm in comparison to industry best practice, and allows us to produce a report focusing on what you are already achieving and what needs improvement.
The report will detail a bespoke proposal for your firm, outlining how your business compares with industry leaders and, if needed, suggestions and strategies to get your business functioning as a Diversity and Inclusion leader with a framework that will enable you to meet your goals.
These firms work for women – does yours?
Project and Business Process Outsourcing
Sometimes, outsourcing projects can be expensive and risky. Offshore options can create multiple problems – time zones, language, culture, accessibility – whilst suppliers closer to home may be expensive or simply not have the skills or experience required to undertake your projects. Our outsourcing services not only eliminate each of these challenges, but provide the best resources for the job by utilising the skills and experience available within our membership network
As well as proactively recruiting women into senior positions with our clients , we also employ some members directly as part of our Project and Business Process Outsourcing team. Our membership network boasts a community of highly skilled, experienced and professional women from the country’s leading financial institutions – and they’re ready to help you.
Outsourcing in this way provides opportunity for many of our members who are looking for flexible and agile working that allows them to continue careers in an industry that they know and are passionate about, whilst enabling financial institutions to benefit from the expertise and experience they provide.
How Outsourcing with E2W can help financial institutions:
- Cost – our outsourcing solutions are highly competitive and offer a new and exciting alternative for project-based work and business as usual. We can often reduce costs by as much as 50%.
- Skill shortage – we harness unique talent that may otherwise have been lost to the industry.
- Scalability/availability – the flexibility of our members means we can scale as needed.
- Resources – our offices are deliberately located close to the key financial centres in New York, London and Singapore, and offer a full service working environment which is cost effective and convenient to our members.
- Offshore alternative – partnering with E2W eliminates the challenges and risks associated with traditional offshore providers.
Sales & Research
For nearly twenty years, E2W have been providing sales and research services to help financial services and technology firms reduce their cost of sale, enter new markets armed with real, validated information and increase revenue.
Our sales and research services are delivered from our offices near to New York, London and Singapore. This allows the section of our membership who wish to make a positive choice about working in a different way to do so - these members are often looking for flexible and agile working in a location that is not the City or Wall Street. They have experience working in major financial institutions, understand the business and have signficant expertise across the industry,
A core characteristic of the financial markets is that there are an identifiable and manageable number of people responsible for the largest proportion of the spend – and sales people are busy, understandably focusing their attention on those who are buying today.
Our core Sales Service looks after the rest by building, maintaining and sustaining relationships with the buyers of tomorrow, ready for when they enter their buying cycle, at which time they are handed to you.
Our clients can attribute a large percentage of their new and ongoing business to the work we do, and justify retaining us year after year as they successfully reduce their cost of sale and/or increase their revenue.
Our Research service helps you to identify, qualify and understand new markets by ensuring you get the information you need to make informed business decisions.
Instead of using guesswork, you can base your choices on up-to-the-minute facts, resulting in increased success without the associated risk.
Simply put, our Discovery and Understanding service is the provision of insight and intelligence that enable you to make informed business choices. Strategies are not created from thin air: they are the result of investigation, analysis and interpretation. We provide you with essential, fact-based research, straight from the people who matter – your potential clients.
We engage with key people, your clients and potential clients, gathering both quantitative and qualitative data. In helping you understand their current position, needs, motivations, decisions and actions, you can make informed business, product and market decisions as a result.