Head of Investment Strategies, Governance and Capability
Birmingham / Scotland
Our client takes a holistic view of Diversity and Inclusion and makes a conscious effort to ensure they are a fair place to work. They know diverse companies perform better and have sought to support a number of effective initiatives to reinforce this. They have retained E2W to support their quest in becoming a stronger diverse business and have asked us to help them find female candidates for a Head of Investment Strategies, Governance and Capability
- Responsible for the development of Asset strategies management and capability performance framework for the Group.
- Responsible for the identification, management and oversight of the risks associated with assets through the appointed fund managers, ensuring regulatory requirements are met along with appropriate systems, controls, reporting and documentation is held for all asset arrangements.
- Accountable for the development of asset strategies and optimal investment outcomes for asset strategies, manager capability, performance of assets across multiple complex product lines in both the closed life and open book, with their respective challenges.
- Responsibility to identify, measure, monitor, manage, control and report on all risks in both a closed life and open book.
- Accountable for the recommendation of alternative fund manager appointment for discretionary asset management funds.
- Own the development and implementation of a robust risk and control framework within the wider Group Risk Management Framework for the oversight of fund managers mandates, instructions and compliance monitoring across the portfolio.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Ownership of review and restatement of investment mandates for Phoenix Group ‘s Life Company assets across all funds ensuring consistency of terminology, principles and format ensuring clarity with the fund managers.
- Develop the strategic asset allocation for policyholder funds, procuring external support to deliver robust and modern portfolio optimisation tools.
- Act as deputy for Head of Investment Office in M&A activities, strategic departmental planning and overall team management.
Senior Insurance Manager Regime responsibilities
- As a senior insurance manager or a key/controlled function holder you are responsible for ensuring you understand the personal responsibilities you need to comply with each of the following regulatory standards that are relevant to your role:
- PRA Conduct Standards
- FCA Conduct Rules
- FCA Approved Persons Statements of Principle
- Further details on the specifics of how individuals demonstrate compliance with Senior Insurance Manager Conduct Standards can be found in the UK Approved Persons Guide or from the Policy team in Regulatory Risk.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Group strategy as required, and to represent the group and its values internally and externally.
- To communicate and support the corporate strategy across the wider organisation.
- To act as a communication conduit both up and down the organisation, taking responsibility for the cascade of corporate information ensuring your teams are informed and engaged in the message.
- To attend and/or present at the annual Group conference and/or other ad hoc meetings.
- Adhere to the values in your own behaviour and those of your team.
- Identify and mitigate risk within your function.
- Effectively operate the control environment for your function and ensure the effective and timely resolution of any audit, compliance or control issues arising.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Deep understanding of Financial Services and investment management market place.
- Understanding of investment cycle and impact on performance.
- In-depth knowledge of investment markets, investment strategy, fund management and governance.
- Understanding of performance attribution methodologies.
- Understanding of ALM methodologies in order to provide effective liaison with ALM team.
- Broad understanding of legal, tax and regulatory environment.
- Acts on own initiative, able to make logical decisions and formulate judgements.
- Able to develop and maintain communication and relationships at all levels of the Group across different business channels.
Qualified CFA/FIA with significant relevant experience
Back to opportunities