German Speaking Associate, Leveraged Finance/Direct Lending
Our client looks for those who challenge convention. What makes their people extraordinary is what makes our client Out of the Ordinary. Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have retained E2W to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of Associate, Leveraged Finance/Direct Lending (German Speaking).
The individual plays a key role in the realisation of the bank’s objectives through (1) the origination, credit analysis and structuring & execution of financing mandates; (2) the acquisition of new clients and the performance monitoring of existing clients; and (3) facilitating broad cross sell towards our client base to maximise return on capital.
Growth & Leveraged Finance provides financing to businesses (typically with EBITDA £2m-£75m) in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe (specifically Benelux and DACH regions) for both financial sponsor and non- financial sponsor backed owners. Finance provision is typically event driven and includes growth capital, acquisition finance & management buyouts, leveraged finance & syndicated debt, refinances & recapitalisations and structured corporate lending. The core capabilities include originating, structuring and arranging capital for financial sponsors, entrepreneurs and owner-managers and, thereafter, portfolio and balance sheet management.
We have been supporting UK and European businesses for more than 15 years and currently have £1.45bn AuM supporting 90+ clients. In the last 12 months we deployed >£800m of assets supporting clients’ growth ambitions.
We have a proactive, flexible and solutions-driven approach and seek to customise debt solutions that fit the client’s needs. Structures are typically senior secured debt and unitranches, integrated asset-based & cash flow solutions, subordinated debt and minority equity, working capital and capex/acquisition facilities with the ability to provide underwrites and/or bridge structures where a client need exists. Target returns range from gross yields of 3.0% to 10.0%+. This provides our empowered investment professionals a wide platform to optimise origination efforts and to deliver financing certainty, rapidly, to clients all day, every day across the business lifecycle
This role within G&LF origination will have the following primary focuses;
- Responsible for the credit analysis, structuring and execution of lending opportunities and the portfolio management of assets post transaction
- Providing full origination, structuring & execution and deal support across the deal life-cycle.
Performance and Development will reviewed via the team “Performance Lens” as follows:
1. Client, Connectivity & Collaboration
2. Financial Growth (short term)
3. Financial Performance (long term)
4. Internal effectiveness and risk consciousness
5. People and team contribution and impact
The core focus is to be on the following:
- Structuring & Execution – Ensuring excellence in credit analysis, due diligence assessment, financial modelling, deal structuring (including active balance sheet management/optimisation) and execution (including gaining credit approvals and legal documentation negotiation).
- Internal Effectiveness & Risk Consciousness – Actively contribute to the delivery of financial budgets and return hurdles including income, contribution, ROC/ROE and capital efficiency measures.
- Team Development – Challenging, harnessing and nurturing the talents of the CAF team and assist in developing a strong and enjoyable working environment promoting teamwork, collaboration and personal development to maximise performance.
Core Skills and Knowledge
Technical Knowledge & Skill set
- Extensive knowledge of and credibility within the UK corporate market with strong external marketing/presentation skills. Deal origination skills are a fundamental requirement of this role and prior experience of corporate debt origination and execution is necessary.
- An existing client base with established management relationships.
- A high level of competence in the analysis of company financial statements, business/operational and financial risks for the purpose of assessing potential opportunities.
- Highly numerate with strong execution and structuring skills and a proven ability to execute and drive forward strategic plans to meet financial targets set against proven risk assessment, monitoring and control skills.
- A deep knowledge of Structured Finance and Investment Markets. The identification and structuring of appropriate financing solutions and the negotiation of legal documentation.
- In depth and demonstrable knowledge of all aspects of the internal Credit authorisation process/policy.
- Ensuring full compliance with internal Procedures/Compliance/Organisational policies and frameworks in order to maintain the teams licence to operate.
Personal Skills & Attributes
- A proven deal doer with a relentless hunger to execute great deals with great clients.
- An entrepreneurial desire to build an asset portfolio and to further enhance our strong brand and reputation.
- A team-first collaborative approach. Able to work in alongside a team of professionals in an open, collaborative and non-hierarchical team environment.
- Must have the ability to build rapport and relationships with business leaders and decision makers. Highly developed interpersonal, communication and team skills are critical for this role. This role requires experience in managing and co-ordinating small teams (often cross-product) across multiple projects at a time as well as advanced negotiation, problem solving and networking skills.
- A self-starter with a drive for results. High attention to detail and a motivation and ambition to deliver a consistent high quality output. An on-going drive for personal development and continuous improvement.
- German Speaking
Back to opportunities