Senior Applications Support Analyst
At E2W we are proud to support women in managing their careers and achieving their aspirations. We are retained by a number of institutions who demonstrate commitment to diversity and help them move towards a more balanced workforce.
We have an exciting opportunity from our client who values and believes that a truly diverse workforce is key to maximising business effectiveness. Therefore, they aim to select, recruit, develop and promote first class people, and encourage the use of their wide range of skills, experiences and perspectives in the furtherance of their business. They have partnered with E2W to continue to employ the best person for the role.
Main purpose of the role
As a member of the Application Services team you are required to:
• Provide full support for the organisation’s applications.
• Develop, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions.
• Maintain and develop interfaces between applications and 3rd parties.
• Provide business analysis relating to new and existing applications.
• Develop reporting tools and data warehouses.
• Develop digital technology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide full support for application issues , liaising with the Infrastructure team and the application suppliers as necessary.
• Provide overnight/out of hours support as required as per rota
• Maintain application support and operating procedures.
• Monitor and manage the status of applications and batch processes.
• Proactively manage upgrade paths and requirements.
• Provide release documentation, both technical and user-facing, where required.
• Adhere to source control/change control best practices and procedures
• Plan and control system integration testing, user acceptance and regression testing.
• Plan and perform releases and upgrades.
• Provide IT and business analysis in relation to all existing and proposed applications and products.
• Understand the business priorities and dependencies on the various applications, and manage the associated risks.
• Liaise with the business users regarding all issues and enhancements, giving feedback and progress reports.
• Provide warning and ongoing information regarding system outages/upgrades and other events which will impact on the business.
• Maintain where appropriate an in-depth understanding of the bank’s internally-developed applications and the bespoke elements of third-party applications (interfaces, reports etc.)
• Provide fixes and enhancements for these using the appropriate tools and languages as required.
• Provide new long-term or RAD solutions as required and where appropriate.
• Contribute to developing internal standards and procedures.
• Ensure you have a full understanding of the department Business Continuity Plan, inclusive of your responsibilities, in the event the plan is invoked.
• Ensure business continuity requirements are considered in all system implementations.
• Liaise with Infrastructure team to ensure disaster recovery environments are kept up to date, and that backups/restores adhere to bank policy.
• Provide non-expert procedures for DR invocation.
• Participate in DR tests. Be familiar with the department’s operational risk and control functions.
• Review and action allocated audit findings.
• Assist in identifying, managing and minimising all aspects of the department’s operational risk including business continuity management.
• Ensure you are aware of the risks associated with the processes of the department and the controls used to mitigate those risks. You are further expected to remain proactive in identifying any further risks or controls that may have an impact or bring added benefit or development on our processes from Market events.
• Become proficient in a number of banking applications, understanding the architecture, table structures and relationships, location of code, reports and forms.
• Mentor and increase skills of other team members.
• Participate in cross-training with other team members
• Project Manager on relevant projects.
• Manage and chair PWG meetings.
• Maintain all project logs and documentation.
Ensure compliance with all bank procedures, and provide updates/feedback to Change Management Committee.
• Strive to act in line with the target culture including values, behaviours and D&I
• Contribute to sustainability initiatives
• Read and understand relevant risk appetite policies and processes
• Speak up, raise breaches and issues
• Maintain awareness of market best practice and regulatory updates
A study that was conducted reported that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women apply only if they meet 100% of them. If this role has sparked an interest and you match some of the criteria then please do not hesitate to contact us about this opportunity.
Back to opportunities