EMEA Technology & Operations Risk Manager
Immediate Start - Full Time London City
Our client recognises that diversity makes them stronger, and is essential to their ability to serve their clients. They recognise the potential of every employee by actively encouraging a diverse and inclusive workplace. They have retained E2W to help them find female candidates for a EMEA Technology & Operations Risk Manager.
Our client is looking to recruit a Technology and Operations Risk Manager to join their EMEA Technology and Operations Risk and Control Team. This individual will be responsible for providing cross-divisional oversight of risk and control matters impacting the breadth of technology and operations functions in region.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Identification, debate and raising of issues and monitoring of remediation plans to enable the EMEA Head of Technology & Operations to demonstrate reasonable steps in compliance with obligations under the UK Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Monitoring and oversight of Key Risk Indicators and Risk Data Elements impacting EMEA T&O, e.g.
◦Audit Reports rated Less than Satisfactory;
◦Self-Identified and Audit-Identified issue management;
◦Top Risks, Emerging Risks and Get-to-Green plans;
◦Operational Loss Events and Near Misses; and
◦Process, Control & Risk Inventory and Process Health Dashboards
- EMEA T&O Risk Forum governance routine:
◦Ensuring the agenda of relevant matters are presented to the forum in a timely manner;
◦Ensuring the timely provision of quality management information for review by the Risk Forum attendees;
◦Identifying and briefing presenters in advance to promote effective challenge and debate; and
◦Managing the recording of minutes and tracking of actions
- Participating in EMEA T&O cross-divisional reporting and raising issues to risk and control governance forums, such as the Global T&O Risk Committee, EMEA Regional Control Committee and material legal entity Audit Committees
- Participating in the periodic EMEA T&O cross-divisional Risk & Control Self Assessments and Residual Risk Heatmap as well as EMEA T&O inputs to regional and material legal entity Risk Self Assessments
- Participating in the EMEA T&O cross-divisional Conduct Risk Taskforce, promoting Conduct Risk Awareness and coordinating the EMEA T&O interactions with the regional Conduct Risk Council
- Acting as the EMEA point of contact for Global Policies impacting T&O, facilitating reviews with Policy Owners to enable approval by the EMEA Head of Technology & Operations
- Coordinating logistics for the annual Risk Bootcamp Training sessions in EMEA
- Participating in EMEA T&O cross-divisional regulatory meetings, examinations and surveys (e.g. FCA, PRA, FRB and OCC)
- Acting as point of contact for EMEA T&O involvement in Operational Risk Scenario Analysis workshops
- Ongoing engagement with key individuals including EMEA T&O divisional Risk Leads, global T&O functional heads of risks and control disciplines, regional control partners in Operational Risk and Corporate Audit as well as External Audit
What skills will you ideally possess?
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Logical problem solver with ability to assess and synthesize information with clarity and precision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communication messages and style to engage with all levels
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Experience of risk management and the application of associated tools and techniques
- Knowledge of technology and/or operations functions would be an advantage
- Functional experience of global banking and/or global markets would be an advantage
What Competences will you ideally possess?
- Ability to develop solid relationships with business partners
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- he ability to deliver results with limited direction and supervision
- A drive for achieving operational excellence, with attention to detail
- The ability to learn and adapt
Back to opportunities