Head of Market Risk Analytics, Executive Director
London - Canary Wharf
Head of Market Risk Analytics, Executive Director.
Supporting the progression of women into senior roles is a key strategic priority for our client. Moving towards a more gender-balanced workforce falls well in line with the company’s values, as balanced teams improve decision-making, innovation and performance – producing better results for their clients. As a result, our client has retained us to source female candidates for the role of Head of Market Risk Analytics, Executive Director.
Our client’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protect the capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from market, credit and operational risk exposures.
The client’s European Risk Analytics team is an important part of the Global Risk Analytics function. Growth in the European team has arisen partly as a result of the firm’s desire to establish the European hub’s capability to be able to operate without dependency on the New York hub if necessary, and at the same time, work closely with New York as part of a global Risk Analytics function charged with the development of risk models for global consumption.
The position, the EMEA Head of Market Risk Analytics, is for an experienced manager to head a 17-people strong UK Market Risk Analytics Team, based in London and Budapest. The position reports to the EMEA Head of Risk Analytics and to the Global Head of Market Risk Analytics.
- Under the current regulatory framework, working with Global Risk Analytics, develop enhance and document, the market risk models (VAR, Stressed VAR, IRC, CRM, RNIVs to meet our regional requirements( including Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 requirements) from the EMEA regulators,
- Develop the ongoing monitoring methodologies and processes around these models to satisfy the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Working with Market Risk Management and global Risk Analytics, develop the appropriate risk models to meet the EMEA interpretation of FRTB.
- Interact with EMEA regulators on the technical aspects of the market risk models.
- Interact with internal stakeholders, including Front Office quants, model validators, and risk managers, on matters relating to the market risk models.
- Participate as the subject matter expert on any self-assessments of regulations and quantitative impact studies (QIS) relating to the market risk models.
- Effectively manage and develop the team to ensure resources are optimized to deliver.
Skills required (essential)
- Prior experience in developing market risk models in the context of European regulations.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements and change (FRTB), specifically those emanating from Basel and European regulatory authorities including PRA.
- MSc or PhD, or equivalent, in a highly quantitative subject such as maths, physics, or engineering
- Strong management and organizational skills, demonstrable experience in managing a high performing team working on market risk models to prioritise and deliver
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, proven ability to drive change.
Back to opportunities