Business Control Manager - Operational Risk
Immediate Start - Full Time
London - City
Our client looks for those who challenge convention. What makes their people extraordinary is what makes our client Out of the Ordinary. Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have asked us to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of Business Control Manager.
What you'll do
Our client is looking for someone who can establish a first line of defence operational risk function within CIB to enhance their control environment. As their embedded operational risk officer, you will be key to enabling CIB to grow and deliver exceptional client service in a scalable, compliant and risk conscious manner.
Specifically, you will be responsible for establishing a first line of defence control environment within CIB - working with business, operations, risk, compliance and finance to identify, minimise and remediate risk (particularly operational risk). You will also be documenting and improving key business processes to improve controls as well as effectiveness; and supporting the delivery of CIB's change programme.
For example, you will:
- Define and enhance the processes and operating models within the CIB teams to ensure robust controls and risk management.
- Ensure there are appropriate procedure manuals particularly where there are complex booking methodologies.
- Lead the front office in performing their risk assessments and response to high residual risks.
- Lead the front office in scenario analysis relating to Operational Risk, Insurance and Stress Testing.
- Develop appropriate KPIs and MI for the function and coordinate, refine and prepare MI submissions for executive committees.
- Review front office staff system access and toxic combinations.
- Be the key point of contact for all engagement with Compliance, Finance, IT and Risk relating to change, projects or new products.
- Coordinate the application for new product approvals ensuring the risks and controls are adequately assessed and designed.
- Devise appropriate Management Information to support Material Risk Taker responsibilities such as conduct monitoring (late trade bookings, out of hours and off premises trading, overdue annual reviews, failed trades, Gifts & Entertainment)
- Review proposed policy changes and how these would impact the Front Office.
- Ensure there are adequate Business Continuity Plans and coordinate the Front Office’s participation in Recovery Site testing.
- Challenge support functions in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and controls including the adequacy of response to red/amber key indicators and work with them to deliver process improvements which improve efficiency, simplicity and cost control
- Demonstrable experience in identifying, improving or implementing processes and controls in a complex risk and process environment (e.g. working in a similar role, audit or product control)
- Strong grasp of the corporate and investment banking business, risk and regulatory environment
- Risk conscious and commercial – and able to balance the two
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate the need for change and to report effectively to stakeholders
- Proactive and willing to take the initiative
- Comfortable working in relatively unstructured environment
Back to opportunities