IT Service Desk Analyst
The company - Janus Henderson Investors
We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
The IT department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of Janus Henderson. We are responsible for designing and implementing state-of-the-art software to support our fund management, trading, distribution and operational areas and for maintaining a stable and resilient IT infrastructure platform.
The IT Service Desk team is the face of IT to our internal customers. We deliver fast and accurate resolution of issues and maintain a fleet of end user IT equipment in a professional and service orientated manner.
Overview of the role
You will be focused on providing front line level 1 and 2 support for all IT related issues. This includes the logging of incidents, investigation of issues through to resolution and escalation to level 3 support teams where appropriate. You would be required to have the capability to manage customers’ expectations while at the same time ensuring that IT standards are met.
Duties and responsibilities
• Be the first point of contact in resolving 1st and 2nd line support calls
• Ensure users are informed of progress at agreed intervals
• Own and handle incidents / problems with various teams
• Support Senior Analysts on the production of service management information for senior management
• Assist with project work where needed
• Provide cover to the business from 07:00 – 19:00 on a shift basis
• Provide on-call support from 19:00 – 07:00 week days and 24hr on weekends. On a rotational basis
• Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Experience working with Service Now
- Prior experience working within a 1st/2nd line Desktop Support role
- Knowledge of Windows 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 including Outlook
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of configuring mobile devices e.g. iOS and Android
- Ability to use helpdesk management tools to log/monitor/close client problems/requests
- Experience of working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to identify, isolate and resolve IT problems / requests
- Experience working with a ticket queue
- Familiarity with Cisco Jabber
- Familiarity with Microsoft Certificate Services and E-mail Encryption
- Understanding of Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
- Basic understanding of LAN technologies
Back to opportunities