Compliance Officer - Treasury
Immediate Start - Full Time
Our client is committed to an inclusive culture that embraces, leverages, and respects the diversity of their people, clients, and communities in order to reach their aspiration to be the leading client-centric global universal bank. They foster an inclusive and respectful work environment where every employee can contribute his or her best work, succeed based on merit, and be rewarded appropriately. They have retained E2W to help them recruit female candidate Compliance Officer.
You’ll be joining The Treasury Business Line Compliance (TBLC) team, which is responsible for supporting the Treasury business to comply with applicable rules, regulations, guidelines and industry best practices. TBLC is part of the Fixed Income and Currencies (FIC) Compliance team and reports into the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Head of FIC Business Line Compliance.
- Providing advice to Treasury staff regarding applicable laws, rules, regulations and the Banks policies and procedures on a timely basis
- Identifying regulatory trends and developments, advising Treasury staff as to how their current activities may be impacted, and working with supervisors to implement any required changes to current policy / practice
- Performing periodic risk assessments and gap analyses
- Reviewing and providing input on new business initiatives and transactions
- Supporting the broader compliance advisory team with compliance projects and regulatory change initiatives
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures resulting from regulatory developments
- Advising the business on the establishment, improvement and documentation of their controls
- Deliver face-to-face training to the business on regulatory matters
Skills & Qualifications:
- An understanding and up-to-date working knowledge of European financial services regulation, including Market Abuse Regulation, Market In Financial Instrumentals Directive II and the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook
- A solid understating of Dodd-Frank regulation and Swap Dealer compliance requirements.
- In depth knowledge of relevant fixed income products
- The ability to interpret, understand and advise all levels of seniority in the business of an appropriate course of action on a broad range of legal and regulatory provisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate with other infrastructure functions and the business (including senior management)
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently with minimum direction and ability to show and demonstrate initiative
- Able to interpret, understand, advise upon and formulate an appropriate course of action on a broad range of regulatory provisions
- Able to analyse regulatory and reputational risk and where necessary escalate matters to the appropriate management level
Back to opportunities