Counterparty Credit Risk Manager
Immediate Start - Full Time
London - Liverpool Street
Our client fosters and maintains an environment that values the unique talents and contributions of every individual. It is through the diversity of their people – whose varied skills sets, backgrounds and cultures shape their outlook – which enables them to explore unique avenues and uncover opportunities unseen by others in their industry.
Our client knows that having a diverse and inclusive workplace will support their strategic vision of growth and globalisation. That is why they strive to cultivate and practice inclusiveness for the long-term success of their business and for the benefit of their employees, clients, investors and shareholders. They have retained E2W to help them recruit a female Counterparty Credit Risk Manager.
Overview of the Role
As the Financial Risk Manager you will focus primarily on Counterparty Credit Risk within the Financial Risk team, while supporting liquidity risk management activities. You will be responsible for understanding firm-wide counterparty risk exposures, and providing regular reporting to meet both business and regulatory requirements. And, will perform counterparty credit risk assessments including both annual reviews and on-going surveillance to monitor the credit risk, and firm-wide exposure to the companies counterparties.
The successful candidate will provide local Counterparty Credit Risk expertise in the EMEA region, reporting to the Deputy Head of Financial Risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update as needed the global Counterparty Credit Risk policy and related procedures to request a new counterparty, assess and approve new counterparties, and the ongoing monitoring of existing counterparties,
- Track regulatory changes impacting counterparty credit risk and ensure all aspects of the program meet applicable regulatory requirements, and new regulatory changes.
- Support the global Counterparty Credit Risk Committee.
- Serve as secretary of the global Counterparty Credit Risk Committee, responsible for all aspects of the administration of the Committee,
- Perform counterparty credit risk assessments of all Tier 3 counterparties for approval by the Chair, Counterparty Credit Risk Committee,
- Identify and address risk concentrations, limits, policy violations, and other high risk situations requiring corrective action.
- Partner with relevant internal teams to development and enhance firm-wide tools for assessing, monitoring and reporting on the various aspects of the program.
- Produce Board reporting and metrics on counterparty credit risk.
- Represent the Counterparty Credit Risk Program in due diligence activities as needed.
- Support the Financial Risk team in delivering an effective global liquidity risk management program including the ability to become proficient in firm and jurisdiction specific regulatory requirements for liquidity risk management, and take on additional responsibilities for assessing, monitoring, and reporting liquidity risk.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or equivalent work experience required.
- Some experience in the financial services industry, to include relevant experience in risk management, credit or counterparty management, and liquidity risk management.
- Experience working with support tools such as FOCUS reports, credit risk ratings and reporting.
- Experience using both quantitative (CDS, Z-Score, Credit Ratings) and qualitative measures of counterparty credit risk.
- Understanding of regulatory rules and regulations related to Counterparty Credit Risk management.
- Knowledge of financial market products, asset management products, and asset management industry preferred.
- Creative thinker with the ability to solve problems, and execute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills,
- A desire to learn and work on all aspects of Financial Risk.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Back to opportunities