Investment Data Manager
Our client is focused on enriching the experience of Women, because they believe when different perspectives are shared, there are more opportunities to innovate and step ahead for their investors. Their biggest priority is your personal development, now and throughout your journey. Why not join their journey, and add your unique experience to the mix and see what it’s like to change an industry with them by expressing your interest for the role of an Investment Data Manager.
To lead a complex functional team accountable for the production of gold copy data and to ensure accurate and timely execution of team’s key deliverables in accordance with SLA’s. To perform process oversight ensuring team’s compliance to various control standards and encouraging proactive issue resolution. To leverage and strengthen FFS and IMG network for issue resolution, quality improvement, and to prioritise team action.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and manages staff, creating an engaged and positive team atmosphere. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established the bank’s standards, as required. Sets challenging performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Leads a complex functional team accountable for the production of gold copy data and to ensure accurate and timely execution of team’s key deliverables in accordance with SLA’s. Ensures controls are implemented and flawlessly executed to mitigate risk. Contributes to the advancement of the bank’s global investment data management strategy.
- Performs process oversight to ensure team’s compliance to various control standards and to encourage proactive issue resolution. Supports crew with training and tools to avoid service gaps and process errors. Leads initiatives to strengthen internal controls, enhance efficiency, and maximize the usage of technology.
- Develops a broad understanding of data domain assigned and understands key drivers that impact the operational processes and the portfolios being supported. Leverages fund and operational knowledge to oversee the production of gold-copy data and uses data management knowledge to enhance output. Develops knowledge of financial markets, securities, and global investment data themes to bring an informed perspective to the data management process.
- Manages stakeholder relationships, understanding needs to prioritize team action. Leverages and strengthens FFS and IMG network for issue resolution and quality improvement. Builds strong working relationships as a thought partner to resolve complex operational issues.
- Leads team in its adoption of new projects and initiatives by supporting acceptance and regression testing. Considers global impact of procedural changes and ensures smooth implementation of all new processes. Enables change by setting a vision for the team that aligns with department and enterprise goals. Influences crew to work together to reach vision and provides coaching and training to support crew development.
- Provides the opportunity for crew to learn new processes and develop new skills. Mentors and coaches crew members. Discusses career objectives and provides direction and career counselling during one-on-one meetings. Encourages crew to provide ideas and feedback.
- Develops and implements business plans to achieve group objectives. Works with leadership in the planning, development, and execution of short and long-range goals. Supports department and wider bank initiatives by leading various project efforts.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, including two years plus project management experience and two years leadership and crew development experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and understanding of financial concepts and products. Ability to quickly become knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the Data Management organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and maintains a professional presence. Proven ability to effectively communicate with external providers, internal business clients, and crew members at all levels.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyse issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to lead, train, and motivate other crew members. Strong relationship management skills. Ability to interact successfully and build strong working relationships with various internal and external groups on a daily basis.
- Advanced knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Readily learns new complex concepts and has the ability to incorporate them into analysis and decision making process. Excellent judgment and ability to analyse and respond to complex issues.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal/client relationship skills. Ability to manage a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
Back to opportunities