Investment Analyst Returnship opportunity.
Our client believes that a diverse workplace brings real benefits for their customers, their business and their people. They want to be a place where people are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. They are keen to recruit more women into senior roles and have retained E2W to help them find female candidates for an Investment Analyst Returnship opportunity.
Investment Analyst to be part of the Global Emerging Markets team and the wider Equities team. The person will be expected to perform investment analysis of companies and markets within Emerging countries.
Impact on Business
- Perform investment analysis on companies within the portfolio and the broader investment universe.
- Propose buy/sell ideas
- Understand/analyse the key macroeconomic and political dynamics impacting on individual securities
Customers / Stakeholders
- Support the other members of the team in client facing activities with external investors and consultants and with internal sales and distribution channels
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be an excellent team player
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Be able to work independently and to take initiative
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Role will be joining an existing team of 13 people
- The person will have a certain level autonomy in performing investment analysis but is expected to fit into the overall investment philosophy applied by the desk (which is a research-driven, fundamental and mainly bottom-based up approach). The person must be able to think independently and challenge consensus views and must have the intellectual curiosity and the analytical skills to analyse companies which are not very well researched by sell-side analysts and where information barriers are relatively high.
- There is some flexibility about the precise design of the role. To a degree the role can be tailored to suit the strengths of the right individual. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in listed company financial analysis. The candidate will also be collaborative, working closely with peers and comfortable guiding junior members of the team, will be a natural and will thrive on the diversity that the role offers. A good understanding of the Asset Management industry would also be helpful.
- Most likely you will have professional qualifications, you’ll be a highly experienced Investment professional albeit you may not have been in the workplace for a while. You will have a broad understanding of different markets, sectors and companies. You may have worked in Asset Management or Investment Banking before.
- The role will report directly to the Head of Active Equities team. You will be performing company research most likely focussed on Emerging Markets. Some prior knowledge of these markets would be helpful. The Active Equities team runs a wide range of Equities strategies including Global, UK, Thematic, Emerging Markets, Frontier Markets, Multi-country and Single country funds. To succeed, you’ll need to work closely with team members and colleagues across the wider Group.
- We believe in supporting our people so they feel free to perform at their best. We’ll therefore consider flexible working arrangements if they are requested. The nature of the role implies that you may have been out of the market for a while. We will support you in refining your skillset to suit the requirements of the job/ current market conditions.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including the Group Compliance policy.
- Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for customers
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder)
- Significant analytical experience within industry, sell side or asset management post completion of professional qualifications.
- A fundamental approach to analysis with a focus on profitability and valuation as key drivers of investment returns
Previous experience with Emerging Markets in general would be strongly preferred
Back to opportunities