Legal Counsel, Group Legal
Our client believes in diversity because it is the right thing to do, because it makes them a better place to work and it makes them a better business. They pride themselves on the quality of their people. They seek to attract and retain the best people, and to ensure everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. They have asked us to find female candidates for a Legal Counsel, Group Legal opening.
Purpose of the role
The role is focused on providing advice on litigation and dispute resolution matters. The role reports to the Head of Group Legal, which provides legal and regulatory support and counsel to the bank worldwide. The team supports the bank in executing its commercial and corporate strategy, protecting it against legal risk and promotes high standards of corporate governance and legal compliance.
The role is based in London but involves working with colleagues internationally, in particular the US, Europe and Asia.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality legal advice on a range of litigation and dispute resolution matters for the firm, liaising with external counsel and briefing senior management
- Providing high quality legal advice on a wide range of commercial and corporate issues throughout the Group
- Assistance with delivering advice and support on contentious matters relating to employees
- Delivering advice and support on transformative legal and regulatory developments
The successful candidate is expected to forge strong working relationships and maintain responsive and open channels of communication with senior stakeholders, and external advisors and service providers with whom they are working and to demonstrate an appreciation of the commercial context in which decisions are made.
- Relevant experience will have been gained within a leading law firm or in-house and this should include extensive litigation and dispute resolution experience. Excellent academic qualifications are essential, along with contentious experience within financial services. Knowledge of alternative investment funds and their regulation would be pluses.
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently but also within a collegiate atmosphere. They will have first rate legal skills combined with demonstrable business acumen and a pragmatic, business focussed approach.
- With strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, the candidate will have a constructive approach to problem solving.
Back to opportunities