Head of Debt Origination
Our client takes a holistic view of Diversity and Inclusion and makes a conscious effort to ensure they are a fair place to work. They know diverse companies perform better and have sought to support a number of effective initiatives to reinforce this. They have retained E2W to support their quest in becoming a stronger diverse business and have asked us to help them find female candidates for a Head of Debt Origination role.
The Head of Debt origination is responsible for:
- The design and implementation of the Group’s business strategy for private debt origination to meet Group targets. This strategy is key to the Group’s meeting its corporate objectives of increasing the size of the shareholder annuity business through acquisition and bulk purchase annuity transactions;
- Leading the identification, development and implementation of new private debt asset products. This will include using latest industry innovation to increase the Group’s investment capabilities in private debt;
- Lead and co-ordinate the Group’s relationship with market counterparties to meet Group origination targets;
- Identify, lead and execute private debt transactions to support these objectives;
- Maintain and develop thought leadership in private debt origination to support innovation of the Group’s investment capabilities;
- Identify and implement solutions to complex problems related to private debt origination. This would include solutions to meet either regulatory, operational or economic requirements.
- Lead the Group’s relationship with internal subsidiaries and external stakeholders in delivery of private debt origination. Working with key stakeholders and relevant governance bodies including Chief Actuary, Head of Investment Office, Head of Investment Risk and Head of illiquid credit. Manage relationship with 3rd party asset managers including strategic partners and the Group’s key relationship banks;
- Keep the Board and senior investment committees updated on latest industry developments, the Group’s private debt origination strategy and its implementation;
- Provide BPA and M&A support to the Corporate Development team in terms of identification and quantification of financial benefits in relation to private debt origination;
The above objectives will be focused on shareholder exposure but applying a consistent framework to that used for policyholder exposure wherever appropriate.
- Design, develop and maintain the private debt origination strategy to be included as part of the annual refresh of the Group’s Annual Operating Plan including:
- Medium term forecast of private debt allocation by credit quality, tenor, sector, geography and asset structures
- Annual volume targets and expected financial benefits
- Impact of private debt origination on the Group’s credit risk appetite versus risk limits over the forecast period
- Implementation of private debt origination strategy including:
- Plan and co-ordinate the Group’s Capital team’s in respect of debt origination on a regular basis;
- Lead interaction with 3rd party managers in conjunction with LifeCo Investment Office;
- Allocate and manage market counterparty relationships between the team;
- In respect of private debt origination, lead and manage the relationship between Group Capital and key stakeholders, including LifeCo Investment Office, Investment Risk and 3rd party asset managers
- Provide industry thought leadership and subject matter expertise to support Investment Office in the production of Risk Identification documents on new private debt asset classes.
- Provide industry thought leadership and subject matter expertise to support Investment Risk in the calibration of risk appetite in relation to new private debt asset classes.
- Provide regular updates on private debt origination strategy and implementation to senior management governance committees including Group Investment Committee, LifeCo Investment Committee and Internal Credit Rating Committee on
- Provide support to the Head of Group Capital in the design of the Group’s Annual Operating Plan;
- Lead and manage the coordination with market counterparties including banks, asset managers and other solution providers to source private debt and best practices
- Leading multi-disciplinary, large scale projects including investment transactions of up to £1bn, implementation of investment mandates in excess of £500m in new asset classes and the acquisition of asset origination platforms.
- Identify opportunities and implement material management actions for the Group.
Back to opportunities