COO – Funds
Immediate Start - Full Time
Our client looks for those who challenge convention. What makes their people extraordinary is what makes our client Out of the Ordinary. Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have retained E2W to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of COO – Funds.
Funds is being established to help shape, develop and implement a funds platform which will allow our client to continue to grow their funds. It will be to ensure they match the external needs of investors with the capabilities held by the Bank and bring the best solutions and partners alongside them to achieve their ambition. These areas will be around establishing a Bank wide funds platform, understanding and managing the regulatory environment, creating a fundraising & internal relations function and help to develop new propositions.
COO Role Description:
To establish and build a Fund Services operation for the Bank wide Fund program. The role will be to act as COO and have the responsibility for the infrastructure supporting these funds.
The role will be to work with the various investment teams and establish the infrastructure to support their investment activity. It will focus on building a platform to manage non-investment activity– operations, valuation, risk, tax, legal, compliance that supports the funds. As well as the key conduit between the bank and external service providers.
This is both a leadership, strategic and governance role, as-well as a hands on implementation role to build out the platform. You will need to tap into the knowledge of external advisors and the banks technical teams (legal, tax, compliance & accounting) as well as the experience of a number of business leaders who have established funds. It will requiring critical thinking and analytical skills as well as a profound, deep and broad technical understanding of closed end funds, third party providers and the regulation surrounding funds.
You will look at what the bank have done as a Group (in the funds space) and outside in the external market, extract & synthesise the learning & share that amongst others interested in this area in a way which allows our client to move forward.
Key responsibilities will include the analysis, recommendations and implementations for strategic vendor management, implementing regulatory change impacting the funds, driving capital effectiveness and overall operational and risk management.
You’ll need a high degree of emotional intelligence with the drive and resilience to move the program effectively forward with pace but also ensuring you are taking all the stakeholders along and utilising the extensive knowledge which exists in the organisation.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrable experience of alternative asset funds and institutional clients
• Experience in a senior or management role in private capital, asset management company, family office or fund administrator is essential
• Practical experience of alternative asset management processes, including experience managing outsourced functions and demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of:
o Current regulatory and governance best practices
o Industry ‘best practice’ regarding all aspects of Private Equity Operations and Finance
o Firm understanding of financial reporting and planning
o Deploying IT solution and data
o Market developments affecting each of the Investec asset classes
• Previous management experience and proven leadership skills with the ability to get the best possible performance from your team
• Strong organization skills
• Communication – an exceptional ability to distil information down and present it back to allow decisions to be made
• Financial & commercial acumen- a high degree of understanding of financials is needed to build business cases and develop the commercial understanding
• Restless Curiosity –you will be building a new business so we seek someone who has the ability to look both inside the organisation and outside with curiosity
• Passion, energy & resilience – starting any new business is not an easy journey and not for the faint hearted. We will need to adapt and evolve as we go along.
• Ability to drive change– someone who will make thing happen
• Ability to identify, analyse, understand and proactively mitigate relevant risks and manage investment operations within agreed risk boundaries
• Detail oriented and strong prioritization skills
• You are personable, empathetic with high levels of integrity
• High levels of self-motivation, self-discipline and a determination to succeed
• You are passionate about learning and work with pride, passion, enthusiasm in all that you do.
• To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly
This is a brief overview of the role – The recruitment team have a detailed description, which can be shared when appropriate.
Back to opportunities