Head of Strategy & Business Monitoring - ExCO
Immediate Start - Full Time
London - City
Our client firmly believes that diversity in all its forms leads to the diversity of thought and ideas, which in turn delivers better innovation and better solutions and outcomes. For these reasons, they want to increase the representation of women in general and in particular in senior roles and have asked E2W to help them find female candidates for the role of Head of Strategy & Business Monitoring.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Head of Strategy & Business Monitoring is responsible for setting and implementing strategy with the SCM for CIB London and Global Markets EMEA for all London business lines.
The incumbent will be responsible for all business managers globally for CIB and will have overall responsibility for the following UK teams: CMU, Client Services, Master Agreements, PSC, NPNA & Organisation & Alternative Investments. However, the UK Head of Master Agreements, Client Services & PSC will lead the Client Services, Master Agreements and PSC teams in their daily activities.
Secretaire General of the UK CIB Executive Committee.
Leader and organizer of the strategic developments and day-to-day running of Business Management for CIB London and Global Markets EMEA. Major point of contact of the Business Lines for all support areas. Coordinate with Head Office the CMU, Project Management, Master Services and NPNA functions.
The person in the role is responsible for managing several projects, coordinating and executing the agenda and strategy. They will organize and align strategic priorities with members of the senior leadership team, manage internal and external communications and messages, own or identify owners for special projects to ensure overall efficient operations. This position requires operating at the most senior level of the company, extensive cross-group collaboration at all levels, and development of comprehensive executive review materials.
Main responsibilities and duties of the role (indicate if any are shared, if so with which other position):
Strategy and Business Monitoring
- Strong contribution to the definition, implementation and monitoring of the UK platform strategy;
- Drive the strategic UK platform agenda within the business, by working with the UK Head of CIB and the UK Head of Resources to set and deliver the strategies that deliver long-term value creation;
- To be the contact point person for the EMEA platform and generally have a strong involvement in the definition and articulation of the banks London strategy;
- Lead and deliver initiatives to define and cement the culture of efficiency focusing on new opportunities to optimise cost and create value to the business;
- Ensure global monitoring of client activity and be a solution provider to enhance their rate of product equipment;
- Prioritisation of key projects and management of critical issues to ensure attention and focus of the executive team;
- Ease decision making by striving to provide full information at point of decision and by serving as a reliable, trusted and fair channel for all stakeholders;
- Ensure alignment of timelines to support the overall business strategy;
- Interact with different business units and external partners to quantify progress against budgets and the strategic plan;
- Take in charge the agenda and the Secretariat General of the London CIB Executive Committee, also London/EMEA BizCom, NCM Board, London Property Committee; preparation includes the establishment of the agenda, follow up on actions and decisions taken in the previous committees; production of minutes;
- To build internal and external presentations on the UK businesses to assist the SCM in his relationships with Paris HO (Comex members, Inspection Generale), with Regulators (UK and France), with
Clients and Third Parties;
- Liaising with BPCE Inspection Générale and the banks internal audit and following up on audit points; regularly follow up on the Audit recommendations with each department, to monitor deadlines; to compile answers as required; to liaise with the banks Inspection Générale;
- To be the point person in charge of organising the delegation of powers from the SCM, and the management of the Signatories List; to make sure HO procedures and policies are applied in London in this respect;
- With EMEA & London CFO, coordinate and manage completion of annual and quarterly budget forecasting process including headcount, expenses, allocations, and expenses;
- Links with “Architecture and data office” teams; contribute to architecture design and data office deliverables with a special focus on Commodities and GSCS;
- Promote architecture transformation initiative: communications, training, local sponsorship with a specific focus on “pricing service”, “product referential” and “Front Office tools”;
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and presentations for senior management;
- Contribute to scarce resources management: liquidity, RWA and balance sheet;
- Performs such other duties as assigned;
- Strong awareness of and attention to Conduct Risk and ethical behaviour at all times.
CIB UK Business Management
- Work with Business Lines Heads and their Managers to ensure teams and supports are structured and resourced appropriately;
- Management of London Business Managers (including Commodities and other business lines where relevant for the London Branch) in close cooperation with Heads of BM of Head Office Business lines (including but not limited to Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives);
- Interact with the front to back stakeholders, encompassing Business Support, Risks, Compliance, IT, Finance, be these in London, Paris or in any other location;
- Be an agent of change by removing obstacles, spearheading and driving strategic developments, including contrubuting to business process re-engineering initiatives and accompany induced change management;
- Initiate and lead projects;
- Stand above the businesses silos to ensure there is a common ground and deliver organizational wide changes when necessary;
- Monitor operational metrics and proactively take actions to improve efficiency and productivity;
- Monitor quantitative and qualitative results, i.e. Actual vs. budget / forecasts. Produce variance analysis.
New Product New Activity and Organisation
- Oversee the NPNA and Organisation function for EMEA;
- NPNA – ensure that the cycle of validation and launching of new business opportunities runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible;
- Organisation – Lead and/or oversee transversal business projects; ensure effective change management; contribute to the optimization of the firm’s key processes to ensure that they operate smoothly and reliably.
Global Head of International Business Management
- Manager of APAC, America and London business management teams;
- In charge of liaising with all EMEA platforms to relay local business management needs;
- Ensuring alignment between business lines and platform on business management perimeter;
- Organisation of the “International GM COO ExCo”;
- Promoting head office and international initiatives to ensure consistency of BMs’ actions.
- Management of Quants teams (including Consultants) working on transversal projects in London;
- Oversee Commodities trading platform upgrade in the framework of the global ENR/GMC re-engineering program;
- Act as a project manager whenever appropriate whether on global or on local projects.
Legal & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements as issued from time to time, including, but not limited to: the London Compliance Manual; Compliance policies and procedures; Security policies & procedures; Financial Security requirements, including but not limited to the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud including reporting obligations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Maintain and develop product knowledge to ensure ability to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.
Key skills, experience and personal attributes required (include problem solving aspects):
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field with emphasis in analysis, data management with proven academic success
- Substantial knowledge of Capital Markets as well as related products - i.e. OTCs, Futures, Options- and related issues e.g. financing, Treasury...
- A high level understanding of the core processing across front, middle & back office as well as other functions such as Finance, Tax, Risk and Compliance.
- Client/customer focus and business development.
- Strong analytical and Organizational skills with attention to details. Strong project management background.
- Management skills to drive teams and get different stakeholders all focused in delivering critical and complicated projects
- Experience preparing and delivering high-quality and effective presentations
- Experience with financial reporting and forecasting
- Proficient technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must have strong strategic business acumen, intellectual curiosity, a desire to learn, strong influential skills and strong sense of accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with colleagues/clients of all levels, including Senior Management
- Analytical mindset with attention to detail
- Committed and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative & problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work to and manage deadlines
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, highly analytical environments
- Loyal, discreet and long term oriented
- Highly credible, collaborative, and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Extremely trustworthy with the ability to handle confidential matters and sensitive information or situations with discretion
- French language fluency a strong plus
Back to opportunities