Legal Counsel, Product Legal
Immediate Start - Full Time
Our client believes in diversity because it is the right thing to do, because it makes them a better place to work and it makes them a better business. They pride themselves on the quality of their people. They seek to attract and retain the best people, and to ensure everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. They have asked us to find female candidates for a Legal Counsel, Product Legal.
Purpose of the role
Advising the investment divisions on all legal and regulatory aspects relating to the launch and maintenance of investment products, in particular relating to managed accounts, single investor and commingled fund structures.
The successful candidate will work closely with global internal divisions (business, compliance, operations, tax) as well as external clients, service providers and outside counsel. The ideal person will therefore have a strong background in legal, project management, communication and relationship management skills.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Primary responsibility maintaining existing funds and launching new fund vehicles in a variety of jurisdictions with a focus on Ireland but also including Cayman, Luxembourg and the UK
- Negotiating material fund contracts (e.g. investment management agreements and administration agreements)
- Preparing and maintaining template documentation (IMAs, offering documents, etc.)
- Providing general regulatory advice to business and operations divisions (in particular during times of regulatory change)
- Working with compliance in resolving regulatory issues and implementing and documenting new regulations associated with fund structures and offering materials
- Maintaining legal know-how relevant to the legal and regulatory issues associated with fund structures, fund corporate governance and the asset management industry
- Effectively communicating with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Managing instructions to external counsel and associated costs
- Drafting submissions to fund boards and participating in board meetings in respect of fund legal and corporate governance issues
The successful candidate is expected to forge strong working relationships and maintain responsive and open channels of communication with senior stakeholders with whom they work and to demonstrate an appreciation of the commercial context in which decisions are made. Additionally, this successful candidate will regularly interact with clients, prospective clients and service providers and must be able to do so in a professional, positive and engaged manner.
Relevant experience will have been gained within a leading law firm or in-house. Excellent academic qualifications are essential, as is experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of investment funds contracts.
You must be a self-starter who is able to work independently but also within a collegiate atmosphere and as a team member. You will have first rate legal skills combined with a pragmatic, business focussed approach.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with a strong investment fund experience to develop legal, commercial and communication skills within a global investment management group.
Back to opportunities