Market Risk Manager
Our client looks for those who challenge convention. What makes their people extraordinary is what makes our client Out of the Ordinary. Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have retained E2W to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of Market Risk Manager.
The Market Risk department is responsible for oversight of trading desks to ensure they operate within the risk appetite of the firm and do no breach agreed limits to trading activity. The responsibilities of the Risk Manager are to agree risk limit frameworks for each desk that are aligned to their business strategy and the risk appetite of the firm, and then monitoring the exposures of each desk on a daily basis, liaising with desk heads regarding any limit breaches, agreeing remediation, and reporting on aggregate trading book risk exposures to senior management.
- Identify, monitor and manage all market related risks across the trading desks
- Distribute accurate risk reports to internal stakeholders on a daily basis with explanation of significant moves in risk exposures
- Understand the trading environment in which the different desks operate, including the trading strategies, products, markets and liquidity.
- Engage with trading desks to discuss hedging strategies
- Recommend and motivate market risk limits for the desks within market risk appetite and seek approval at Executive Risk Committee
- Design and periodically review the Market Risk Stress Testing Framework for all trading desks
- Investigate and explain changes in the Trading Book Regulatory Capital
- Monitor and explain changes in derivatives margins
- Monitor and explain changes in XVA reserves and sensitivities
- Validate PFE and CVA calculations to support Credit applications
- Prepare and present market risk reports at Review ERRF on a weekly basis
- Prepare quarterly reports be presented to the Board Risk and Capital Committee and at Board meetings
Core skills and knowledge:
• Knowledge of various pricing models across asset classes used by the various desks
• Knowledge of market risk methodologies (Value at Risk, Stress Testing, Scenario)
• Knowledge of regulatory framework
• Strong analytical skills – Quantitative, Problem solving
• Good communication & Presentation skills
Specific knowledge and how it is applied
• Knowledge of company policies & procedures that apply to market risk management
• Knowledge of the systems used within the bank to carry out the market risk management process
Any other attributes that would be helpful but not essential to the role?
• Good interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• Proactive, self-motivated
Back to opportunities