Our client knows that having a diverse and inclusive workplace will support their strategic vision of growth and globalisation. That is why they strive to cultivate and practice inclusiveness for the long-term success of their business and for the benefit of their employees, clients, investors and shareholders. They have retained E2W to help them recruit a Research Analyst.
Overview of the Role
The Research Analyst will provide support to the team portfolio managers through the generation of portfolio data, analysis and risk information. They will also undertake investment analysis of specific sectors and individual securities to assist with the monitoring of existing holdings and help with the identification of new trade ideas. They will prepare detailed credit review papers and undertake cash flow analysis. They will be required to present their views and recommendation to the broader ABS team. They will need to liaise with securitized credit analysts in Denver and Australia. They will work closely as required with the broader Secured Credit team portfolio managers to support the management of portfolios and the general growth of the franchise through data provision and analysis of specific sectors and markets. They will also be required to help respond to information requests/queries from clients or other support teams (Distribution, Operations etc.).
Area of Control
Your core duties fall within the remit of the Fixed Income department. Assistance with the management of portfolios and ABS held as part of Multi Sector Fixed Income portfolios and support as required for the management of Secured Credit portfolios generally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide fund management information on position sizing, market price moves, portfolio risk metrics, fund flows and other periodic data requested for the assessment of portfolios.
- Undertake investment analysis of specific sectors and individual securities to assist with the monitoring of existing holdings and help with the identification of new trade ideas.
- Prepare and present credit review papers and cash flow analysis.
- Where relevant, liaise/co-ordinate with portfolio managers, operations and client service areas on administration projects relating to funds
- Work with other teams to prepare presentations, investigate client queries and respond to other ad hoc requirements
- Provide general administrative support as required to the ABS team
- Provide general support as required to the management of funds managed by the broader Secured Credit team
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Securitization market experience (buy-side, sell-side or rating agency).
- Broader fixed income capital markets knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of financial modelling, ideally including VBA and Python, etc.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Typically degree educated in business, maths or finance discipline or with appropriate equivalent professional qualifications or experience.
The following are not required but will need to be developed if not previously attained:
- Typically IMC or CFA qualified (or studying towards dependent on the level of seniority)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other market data platform.
- Ability to use cash flow modelling functionality in Bloomberg and Intex.
- Knowledge of relevant sector / product / instruments as required for the role.
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interest in financial markets / macroeconomics
- Strong interest in self-development
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong interest in doing whatever it takes to build the business
- Enthusiastic with a hunger to grow
Back to opportunities