Model Risk Management
Immediate Start - Full Time
Our client is committed to an inclusive culture that embraces, leverages, and respects the diversity of their people, clients, and communities in order to reach their aspiration to be the leading client-centric global universal bank. They foster an inclusive and respectful work environment where every employee can contribute his or her best work, succeed based on merit, and be rewarded appropriately. They have asked E2W to help them identify female candidates for a Model Risk Management opportunity.
The Model Risk Management (MoRM) independently controls the bank’s model risk which arises from the development, implementation, and use of models that inform strategic decision-making across the bank. MoRM provide a comprehensive view of the bank’s model inventory, standards for model risk management, and model monitoring and validation services that protect the robustness of the bank’s decision making.
- Leadership of subordinate team members and delivery of key objectives
- Maintain Model Risk Management Principles, Policies and Key Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations for model risk management (e.g., SR11-07)
- Perform regular assessment and aggregation of model risk at Group level, across all model types and business divisions / infrastructure functions
- Implementation and ongoing oversight of production of associated Management Information and key risk metrics - including adequacy of remediation plans/mitigants and risk appetite metrics
- Provide portfolio level insights of model risk for Group Model Risk Committee
- Support defining the Model Risk agenda for Group Model Risk Committee and the secretariat responsibilities thereof, including senior stakeholder management
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the model inventory and attestation solution
- Support the global model risk portfolio monitoring and reporting through regular production of the Model Risk MI for senior management reporting (e.g., Risk and Capital Profile) – which complies to BCBS 239 requirements
- Interact with auditors/regulators as subject matter expert as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level (or equivalent qualification) in Risk, Law, Commerce, Economics, or similar
- Proven experience in 2LoD risk management function, including ownership of risk frameworks, controls assurance, governance routines and development of MI for senior management, at a global financial institution, at a key regulatory agency, or as an auditor or consultant for banking clients covering risk management disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication, inclusive of presentation, facilitation, structured thinking skills.
- Ability to analyse data to draw conclusions and provide concise commentary. Proven consultative skills desired.
- Track record of developing strong working relationships with senior business partners to influence and facilitate successful risk management outcomes
- Detail oriented, with keen eye for detail with a focus on quality control
- Proactive, problem solving, and solution oriented
- Pro-active, self-motivated and excellent team player, able to navigate within a matrix organization
- Highly effective at time management, multi-tasking, prioritization and escalation in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and experience to team members and key stakeholders
Back to opportunities