Investments – Chief of Staff
E2W are talent partners to leading financial institutions who are committed to diversity. These are firms who invest in ensuring that they recruit the best person for the job, from the widest possible talent pool. This means they are keen to go the extra mile by retaining E2W to help them find the best female candidates for the role. If you are seeking a new challenge and want an employer who really cares about creating an environment where you can flourish, fulfil your potential and achieve your goals, the firms we work with are undoubtably a good choice.
The primary aim of role is to facilitate the investment team in coordinating and prioritising operational, data and research resources across the asset management business. Key areas include solving technical platform and operational challenges, getting ahead of regulatory requirements, facilitating business development and procurement and optimisation of investment research and data. Key leadership required in optimising systems and processes both today and in line with our client’s ambition to scale as a leader in sustainable investments.
• Work closely with Head of Equity and Head of Fixed Income to understand current operating challenges and future ambitions, and assist in the delivery:
• Engage with the investment teams and liaise across investment facing departments on complex multi-channel problems to aggregate and deliver the investment team voice, priorities, desired outcomes and timelines.
• Lead the change conversations through project management, assisting in mapping of challenges, identifying key questions and stakeholders for resolution and communication.
• Work with technology team to drive the technology enablement of the investment manufacturing/research process.
• Input into and help to drive our client’s ambitions to be a sustainability leader with a particular focus on optimisation of data, technology, process and reporting, including consideration of operational efficiencies.
• Assist in trouble shooting emerging problems for the investment team.
• Gather management information on recurring issues for the investment team to facilitate prioritisation of change demand.
• Stay up to date with the evolving sustainability regulatory landscape (guided by Risk and Compliance) to identify risks or emerging gaps in investment process and reporting.
• Assist in process documentation, facilitating risk management and oversight.
• Attendance at key committees including IRPC, PCGC and BRC, to facilitate business communication and investment oversight.
• Strive to act in line with the target culture including values, behaviours and D&I.
• Contribute to sustainability initiatives.
• Read and understand relevant risk appetite policies and processes.
• Speak up, raise breaches and issues.
• Maintain awareness of market best practice and regulatory updates.
Skills and Experience
Minimum of 7 years’ experience of the below:
This role requires a number of different skill-sets therefore different backgrounds will be considered, however in particular a demonstrable track record:
- Delivering a strategic roadmap
- Troubleshooting and conflict resolution
- Liaising and delivering outcomes across complex multi-channel problems
• Evidence of experience of multi team boutiques and sustainable / impact / engagement-based investment teams, data and research welcomed.
• Proficient IT skills using Microsoft Products,
• Ability to communicate across the business with senior stakeholders and influence.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise the needs of multiple different stakeholders.
Professional qualifications required (if applicable)
• CFA helpful but not essential
A study that was conducted reported that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women apply only if they meet 100% of them. If this role has sparked an interest and you match some of the criteria then please do not hesitate to contact us about this opportunity.
Back to opportunities