Our client knows that having a diverse and inclusive workplace will support their strategic vision of growth and globalisation. That is why they strive to cultivate and practice inclusiveness for the long-term success of their business and for the benefit of their employees, clients, investors and shareholders. They have retained E2W to help them recruit a Legal Counsel.
Overview of the Role
As part of a high-performing team of 8 lawyers in London, the successful candidate’s role will be to provide proactive and commercial legal advice and assistance which result in effective solutions within acceptable levels of risk. The role is a diverse one working on a variety of asset management legal matters globally, as described more fully below and will involve working closely with the relevant business teams either independently or together with others across the wider legal team in the U.K., Hong Kong and the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role offers diverse and engaging work across the firm’s asset management activities.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are likely to include:
- Providing day-to-day legal support, in conjunction with external counsel where relevant, to a number of business units and investment product teams;
- Advising on, reviewing and negotiating investment management agreements and side letters with institutional investors;
- Advising on, reviewing and negotiating other asset management related agreements with clients and service providers;
- Providing support to the investment teams, including advising on and negotiating investment related documentation;
- Assisting with regulatory change projects and investment product initiatives;
- Assisting generally with legal issues arising with funds and investors from time to time and providing ad hoc legal advice to other internal departments; and
- Assisting others in the legal team with matters arising.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Previous financial services experience gained through either a practice or in-house setting
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years PQE is preferable
- Degree qualification preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to work independently and prioritise appropriately across a wide range of work;
- Ability to proactively build relationships at all levels within the organisation;
- Flexible, adaptable and keen to be involved in a wide variety of legal work;
- Strong professional presence with good interpersonal, team working and influencing skills;
- Good commercial acumen;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage external legal advisers where relevant; and
- Ability to find innovative solutions within acceptable levels of risk.
Back to opportunities