Desktop Support Manager
Immediate Start - Full Time
London - City
Our client believes in diversity because it is the right thing to do, because it makes them a better place to work and it makes them a better business. They pride themselves on the quality of their people. They seek to attract and retain the best people, and to ensure everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. They have asked us to find female candidates for a Desktop Support Manager.
Purpose of the role:
To manage the UK Desktop Support function and ensure the area is operating effectively, managed on a day to bay basis, ensuring all BAU work is dealt with in a timely manner.
This is a newly created role to provide strategic management and leadership of a critical function at a time of growth and change across the organisation.
The UK Desktop Support team will work with their US counterpart and other second/third line support teams throughout the organisation to implement and uphold a global service delivery approach.
- Track resolution of all open Desktop Support tickets to ensure KPI targets are met along with the daily workload of Desktop Support team are managed effectively.
- Line management duties of desktop Support staff including shift rota management, holiday request fulfilment and day to day coverage is supplied to the business.
- Produce statistical reporting on the performance of Desktop Support for continuous improvement and trending purposes – Produced weekly and monthly.
- Management of VIP ticket resolution and defining this process.
- Managing, creation and maintenance of defined processes to promote Service Improvement and improve quality of service. Responsible for process improvements to continually improve user experience.
- Managing the creation and maintenance of support documentation in a knowledge base.
- Provide point of contact for desktop support escalations.
- Identify skills gaps within the team to ensure technical knowledge of the team is maintained and create training plans where required.
- Responsible for process improvements – Championing and promoting Service Improvement to continually improve quality and end user experience.
- Collaborate with other team leads and managers globally to communicate process improvements, root cause analysis and trending, along with sharing ideas for ways of working to improve quality and end user experience.
- Proven track record of taking Desk support ownership and improving quality of service.
- Strong technical skills in Desktop and Mobile technologies to supplement strong personality required to run a geographically diverse team in a challenging environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including experience delivering management reporting packs.
- Excellent leadership and team management experience, ability to relate and work with individuals at all levels.
- Solid understanding of Financial Services, ideally Asset Management industry, to act as a business champion within Support realm.
- Excellent written and spoken English with high attention to detail.
- Ability to explain complex facts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and communication skills.
- Confident communicator: able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Technology staff, end users and VIPs alike.
- Highly organised self-starter with the ability to effectively manage time across multiple tasks and with competing business demands and priorities.
Back to opportunities