Senior Relationship Manager and Originator – Power and Infrastructure Finance (PIF)
Immediate Start - Full Time
Our client looks for those who challenge convention. What makes their people extraordinary is what makes our client Out of the Ordinary. Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have retained E2W to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of a Senior Relationship Manager and Originator.
The lending team focuses on UK and Western European markets across a conventional power, renewable, non-core infrastructure and telecom. The team has grown organically and built-up successful franchises in solar and bioenergy, and has recently completed a high profile transaction in thermal power. In the non-core infrastructure space, the team has experience in port, airport, motorway services areas and is looking at growing its reach both in term of subsectors and clients, ideally leveraging other products.
As such, PIF is seeking to employ an experienced banker with existing client relationships in the sector with strong structuring capabilities and an understanding of credit. Ideally the individual will have both advisory and lending experience with strong relationships with financial institutions in support of an arranging, underwrite and distribute business model.
In addition, the individual will oversee the successful execution of deals that have been originated by co-ordinating with individuals in the PIF team tasked to execute such transactions and (inter alia) the IBP credit team.
In parallel, the individual will provide guidance and assist CIB Institutional Sales Group (ISG) to ensure that the transactions originated and closed can be successfully syndicated to the prescribed hold levels. Coordination will include inter-alia discussing and agreeing pricing levels & key structural terms for such transactions.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
- Managing and marketing to existing & prospective clients
- Provide input in formulating strategy for business
- Supervision of pitch preparation
- Preparation and initial negotiating and structuring of transactions in conjunction with execution team
- Coordination with ISG regarding terms being offered and regarding syndication approach to the proposed transaction
- Assist with seeking credit approvals for proposed transaction
- Supervision of execution of transaction
- Feedback relevant market intelligence to PIF team and ISG
You will report to the Head of power & infrastructure and will have access to wider resources (including Legal), which you will share with other senior originators in the power & infrastructure lending team.
Core Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in infrastructure finance with a successful track record origination
- Background in project finance or acquisition lending OR debt advisory with a focus in non-core infrastructure
- Familiarity with the operational procedures at all levels within the bank
- Deep understanding of infrastructure commercial arrangements (including ability to assess credit & credit performance of projects / business / loans)
- Strong analytical mind-set and with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, PowerPoint)
- Relationship management and communication – ability to maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to influence and motivate people even when they don’t work directly (or indirectly) for you
- Self-motivated to prioritise and manage workload and meet critical deadlines
- Understanding of relevant risks and controls
- Proven ability to originate transactions ideally in the context of M&A or large underwrites
- Trusted client relationship with ability to “move” clients across to the bank
- Proven ability to successfully execute transactions
- Deep understanding of market dynamics including actors (clients / competition), pricing and structures
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Managers and Supervisors)
Back to opportunities