Model Risk Manager – Stress Testing
Immediate Start - Full Time London City
Our client is committed to an inclusive culture that embraces, leverages, and respects the diversity of their people, clients, and communities in order to reach their aspiration to be the leading client-centric global universal bank. They foster an inclusive and respectful work environment where every employee can contribute his or her best work, succeed based on merit, and be rewarded appropriately. They have retained E2W to help them find female candidates for a Model Risk Manager – Stress Testing Role.
You’ll be joining The Model Risk Management (MoRM) team, which provides independent oversight of the models used across the Bank and provides a holistic view to senior managers. MoRM is responsible for the independent review and risk analysis as well as governance activities.
- Independently review and challenge the methodologies used to stress the market data feeding pricing models, spanning recalibration, shock smoothening methodologies etc
- Review, analyse and challenge the mathematical/theoretical soundness of the model, check independently its robustness, the correctness of its implementation, and its applicability to the products and the associated risks that are inherent with the specific modelling approach
- Responsible for translating the model risk principle requirements into implementable activities such as testing approach and risk assessment. Extend, as required, the performed activities using expertise and innovative thinking
- Engage with model developers and owners and drive model risk reduction activities end-to-end
- Communicate in a structured manner with wider model risk stakeholders on every aspect of the model lifecycle e.g. model developer documentation submissions, validation outcomes, compensating controls, model risk assessment etc
- Actively engage in the on-going review of model
- Performance and applicability as well as the validation and review of model changes
- Ability to supervise team members and communicate concisely both to peers and senior management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Master’s degree level (or equivalent qualification / work experience) in a numerate subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Finance.
- Experience in model validation, other quantitative risk management role or Front Office quantitative discipline.
- Excellent mathematical ability with a strong background in stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, Monte-Carlo methods and statistical methods.
- Strong understanding in financial markets (especially derivative pricing), demonstrated by qualifications and experience.
- A deep understanding of stress testing, both in terms of modelling challenges and in scenario design as well as the operating model and process.
- Experience in coding in Python in a managed codebase or equivalent languages.
Back to opportunities