Risk & Compliance Advisory Manager
London or Edinburgh
Our client is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace, where people of different ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, and with differences in education, personalities, skillsets, experiences and knowledge can succeed. In line with this goal, they have partnered with E2W to increase their efforts to hire, develop, retain and advance employees from underrepresented groups across all levels of the firm.
• Strong experience when acting in an advisory capacity
• Well-developed understanding of an asset management business model
• Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions. Actively listens, probing for information to ensure clarity and understanding, and adapts communication accordingly.
• Works in an inclusive, respectful and collegiate way with others to build partnerships, networks & relationships.
• Encourage team work and collaboration and breaking down boundaries. Shares knowledge and information appropriately and participates in activities to facilitate sharing. Recognises the complex interrelationships among business activities and understands the wider implications of decisions.
• Develops a detailed understanding of the clients’ short and long-term needs, issues and priorities, whilst identifying opportunities for further business growth and customer retention. Has the ability to be commercially focused at all times.
• Knowledge of the markets, competitors, products, services, trends, impacting forces and factors etc. This includes an understanding of previous history and current trends. Leverages and build strong external network/profile to facilitate the achievement of enterprise goals. Stays current on regulatory developments.
• Demonstrates company values in delivering work with integrity and to high ethical standards.
• Identify, assess, control and monitor risks. Mitigates risks and acts quickly to avoid negative consequences whilst being able to take calculated risks aligned with company values and regulations. Identify when things have not gone right, understands why and able to recover the position, escalating/reporting as appropriate. ‘Risk’ should be understood in its broadest sense and may include regulatory, financial, operational, reputational and conduct risk etc.
• Proactively takes personal responsibility for assigned task and their outcomes and encourages others to do the same, challenges/influencing/escalating as appropriate.
• Knowledge of specific regulations, legislation, governance and compliance requirements that impact. Able to apply regulatory and legal knowledge, as well as understanding where there is flexibility to make changes without breaching regulations or legislation.
• Able to make a decision at pace and in ambiguous or conflicting situations, based on importance and urgency, escalating to others where necessary/appropriate. Taking ownership of the process and outcome.
• Takes proactive and constructive action with little or no direction from others. Has confidence in own ability to take on new challenges. Includes being courageous to put forward ideas and on occasion, accepting disappointment. Develops better ways of working and contingency plans.
• Demonstrates a strong focus on self-improvement and continuous learning by proactively building technical knowledge/skills, supports the strategic objectives of the organisation, finds ways of working in a more effective way.
• Provides and keeps a record of clear, consistent and constructive feedback, encouragement and developmental guidance to challenge individuals to grow.
• Demonstrable experience of building strong partnerships, networks and relationships across an asset management business
• Develops a detailed understanding of the business and clients’ short and long-term needs, issues and priorities, whilst identifying opportunities for further business growth and customer retention. Ability to be commercially focused at all times.
• Known as a credible, knowledgeable advisor
• Ability to positively influence the business to arrive at robust but pragmatic risk management outcomes including effective processes, policies and controls
• Significant technical experience across Risk and/or Compliance fields of expertise
• Strong external network to ensure that industry best practices are understood
• Proven track record in successfully managing individuals, if required (as above)
Do you know someone who is perfect for this role?
E2W are talent partners to leading financial institutions who are committed to diversity. These are firms who invest in ensuring that they recruit the best person for the job, from the widest possible talent pool. This means they are keen to go the extra mile by retaining E2W to help them find the best female candidates for the role. If you are seeking a new challenge and want an employer who really cares about creating an environment where you can flourish, fulfil your potential and achieve your goals, the firms we work with are undoubtably a good choice.
Our network is growing day by day, but we know that there are many great female candidates out there who aren’t part of it yet.If there’s a woman in your professional network who you think would be perfect for this role, please use our referral form to give us their details. You’ll be helping them take the next step in their career – and you could receive £500 from us as our way of saying thank you. Applications are welcome from E2W members and non-members.
Back to opportunities