Head of UK and EMEA Tax
Immediate Start - Full Time
Our client fosters and maintains an environment that values the unique talents and contributions of every individual. It is through the diversity of their people – whose varied skills sets, backgrounds and cultures shape their outlook – which enables them to explore unique avenues and uncover opportunities unseen by others in their industry. They have asked us to identify female candidates for the a Head of UK and EMEA Tax opportunity.
Overview of the Role
You will report directly to the Global Head of Tax, and will interact with the global tax team to optimise tax efficiency strategies while ensuring compliance with tax regulatory and reporting requirements. You will directly manage several members of the tax team located in London, but will work with the team in Denver on various projects in a leadership role. This role requires flexibility in working with others, as well as sharing information across the broader tax group to ensure that issues and opportunities are identified and communicated to the broader team. The following summarises a list of duties and responsibilities, but is not intended to represent a complete listing of all work requirements which will evolve based on business needs:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide tax technical and project support for ad hoc corporate or business related projects.
- Identify opportunities and recommend steps to improve or maintain tax efficiency of the group.
- Review and coordinate UK and EMEA tax return preparation activities; ensure direct and indirect tax compliance requirements are met as necessary and oversee external non-UK tax compliance advisors.
- Review and coordinate tax aspects of statutory financial statement prepared in IFRS or in accordance with other applicable local GAAP requirements
- Ensure transfer pricing policies are implemented and accounted for properly.
- Ensure compliance with BEPS and OECD requirements. Oversee CBCR filings.
- Work with accounting, finance, legal, and other personnel to identify tax issues and opportunities, including implementation of strategies.
- Consolidation of quarterly tax provision for inclusion in US GAAP financial statements, including deferred tax and tax rate reconciliations
- Responsible for SOX tax related controls applicable to UK and EMEA entities.
- Respond to audit inquiries; interact with tax authorities, as appropriate.
- Manage tax accounts, including reconciliations for UK and EMEA entities.
- Prepare/review consolidated and individual company tax provisions and tax disclosures.
- Oversee VAT filings and process/methodology.
- Assist in restructuring of entities for tax efficiencies and tax minimisation strategies.
- Communicate with other members of tax team regarding projects.
- Involvement in product taxation, including FATCA and CRS reporting.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS tax reporting and group tax consolidation a must
- Expert in UK corporate tax with a good understanding of VAT within the financial services industry and experience with European tax regimes
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Significant tax experience either in public accounting or industry
- An understanding of the financial services industry (with fund management as a specialism) would be an advantage
- Strong communication and influencing skills and ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels and across the business functions
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive, combined with sound commercial acumen
- Creative and commercial approach to dealing with business issues
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and with external advisers
- Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
Back to opportunities