Fraud Risk Manager
Immediate Start - Full Time
Fraud Risk Manager
Our client looks for those who challenge convention. What makes their people extraordinary is what makes our client Out of the Ordinary. Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have retained E2W to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of Fraud Risk Manager.
A rare opportunity to become part of a small but highly talented global fraud team responsible for leading the fight against fraud across all areas of the Bank. This is an excellent opportunity for a fraud/operational risk expert to increase their breadth of knowledge and experience as this role has responsibility for a diverse set of businesses across the group including Private Banking, Wealth and Investments, Asset Finance and Corporate and Investment Banking.
This unique role would suit an experienced fraud risk or operational risk practitioner who is hands on, has a high attention to detail with excellent communications skills.
The role is primarily focused on managing the Fraud Risk Management Framework, supporting business units with implementing appropriate controls and closing identified gaps. The role also encompasses the creation and delivery of internal fraud training to maintain fraud awareness across the group together with bespoke fraud communications both internally and to clients to raise the profile of fraud and how to remain safe.
So what will you be doing?
- Help maintain and enhance the fraud risk management control environment including all relevant policies and procedures, ensuring that they are implemented, observed and embedded into the business, and aligns to the group Operational Risk function in terms of risks reported.
- Conduct fraud risk assessments across the bank in line with agreed plans, which will include corporate and investment banking, asset finance, as well as private banking covering both transactional banking and lending products.
- Provide fraud risk subject matter expertise across the bank to support the delivery of new products and services without increasing our fraud risk exposure. Ensuring compliance with external/industry rules and regulations and the relevant group policies and procedures;
- Supporting the assigned project manager / resources throughout the change lifecycle of new fraud projects and initiatives, ensuring that full benefits are realised upon implementation
- Provide advice and fraud recommendations to the business on the risks affecting clients at an individual level as well as businesses ranging from micro-enterprise to large corporates
- Input to and delivery internal and external fraud awareness programmes, and coordination with counterparts within the bank. Driving forwards the employee fraud training programme and coordinating deployment across different business units.
- Research into future fraud solutions and identification of appropriate products/vendors to enhance the current global fraud risk framework.
- Participation in the appropriate industry forums, events, etc.
What core skills and knowledge is our client looking for?
Seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who is able to work independently and collaboratively, to build strong relationships across the various businesses within the bank.
- Some experience in managing risk Strong knowledge of fraud and operational risk management considerations and practices
- Knowledge and experience of the UK transactional banking and financial services environment, as well as corporate and investment banking, and experience of managing fraud risk across asset finance products
- A strong understanding of the UK fraud regulatory environment
- Strong influencing skills with ability to influence across all levels
- Accurate and concise with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / presentation / written)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills
- Ownership of tasks and following through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict time frames
- Risk aware and able to balance risk with client experience and business risk appetite.
- Strong stakeholder management
Back to opportunities