London - Liverpool Street
Our client believes diversity is essential to their mission as a firm: letting them develop better ideas, respond to the needs of their clients, and ensure that their people can fulfil their potential.
They recognise that in order to deliver excellence in their work, they need to have the best people – and the best people are found in the widest pool of talent. They have asked us to help the find female candidates for the role of Quantitative Developer.
Overview of the Role
The Diversified Alternatives Team is seeking a resourceful Quantitative Developer to take ownership of the IT architecture and data platform supporting a global multi-asset quantitative investment team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter ready to hit the ground running.
The role will offer significant flexibility to develop and implement a robust platform of custom built and third party applications to meet the requirements of a diverse, global investment team. The candidate must have excellent coding experience (Python, C# and SQL essential), analytical skills and a strong desire to continuously learn about the financial industry. Must be able to deliver and work effectively in a team-based manner to ensure the software delivered meets the business needs and timelines. Candidate must be able to participate in design and development and should be comfortable with direct communication with technical, management and business resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the IT architecture used by the Diversified Alternatives Team including third party applications and internally developed systems
- Actively create and deploy enhancements to and automation of the existing workflow processes used by the Team
- Perform design, systems analysis and development activities which may require research
- Design and implement new software as well as maintain and enhance existing software and applications
- Provide production support for third party and custom applications as needed
- Assist with our client’s Group IT projects, from time to time, by articulating the Diversified Alternative Team’s requirements
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Degree educated in a computing, mathematics, physics, engineering or related discipline
- Significant programming experience with languages including Python, C#, SQL
- Real-world experience architecting, creating and administering automated systems for data capture and processing
- Proactive and analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Strong commitment to good coding practices, including version control, unit testing and style conventions
- Previous experience with financial applications, including Charles River, Imagine, Bloomberg desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of investment management, including equity, fixed income and option markets desirable
- Mathematical finance experience useful but not required
Back to opportunities