Immediate Start - Full Time / London City
Our client believes in diversity because it is the right thing to do, because it makes them a better place to work and it makes them a better business. They pride themselves on the quality of their people. They seek to attract and retain the best people, and to ensure everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. They have asked us to find female candidates for a communications manager opportunity.
The Communications Manager is a senior position within the firm’s Global Communications and Marketing team, reporting into the Director of Communications. They are responsible, along with the rest of the team, for the management of the firm-wide communications efforts, including corporate, financial and product PR and internal communications.
The Communications manager will work closely with marketing, sales, investor relations, and investment teams across the firm and will manage and execute communication strategies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Devise and manage communications strategies and day-to-day media relations for the Group and its investment engines
- Manage the implementation of communications strategies for the firm across regions and products as required
- Develop and maintain key media relationships, proactively source, evaluate and manage media opportunities
- Responsible for press materials including writing/proofing press releases, op-eds, briefing documents, research notes, and presentations
- Lead on execution of the Group’s required corporate communications, including financial results preparation, gender pay reporting, contribution to the Group’s annual report and Board appointment communication requirements
- Manage contract PR firms and other department service providers
- Coordinate the firm’s communications policies and protocols
- Support and implement the firm’s internal communications initiatives
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to execute the firm’s digital strategy
- Edit internal newsletter and deliver internal reports on firm activity as required
- Support global communications and branding activities and initiatives, including corporate social responsibility, ESG, investor relations support, sponsorships, public affairs, social media, marketing and research
- Coordinate with industry bodies such as the IA, Hedge Fund Working Group and AIMA
- Press coverage monitoring, analysis and distribution as required
- You must come from an Asset Management background.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7-10 years’ experience in corporate communications with an agency, or similar role within an investment firm
- Strong academic track record
- Financial services/PLC experience strongly preferred
- Experience implementing communications/branding programs
- Experience securing proactive coverage opportunities on investment-related topics
- Technical understanding of the banks products an advantage
- Calm under pressure with good issues management experience
- Strong writing and numeracy skills
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Innovative, creative and a self-starter
- High levels of discretion
- Languages useful but not essential
Back to opportunities