London - St. Pauls
Committed to building a diverse workforce our client is an exciting, innovative and ‘out of the ordinary’ banking group with a growing Private Banking Division. They are taking positive action in their commitment to diversity and have retained E2W to help them find ‘out of the ordinary’ female candidates to help them grow their Private Bank with a particular focus on building thier lending book.
Whilst a good knowledge of credit structuring is important, Private Banking experience is not a high priority. It is more about you the person. To be successful you will need to be engaging, have charisma and lots of energy. You will take the initiative, embrace change and be resilient.
Description of role and key responsibilities:
- Originate new target market clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange.
- Manage and develop existing relationships with the aim of building and maintaining the portfolio, whilst continually identifying further business opportunities aligned to the client’s needs.
- Consistent and accurate capturing of client information at all touch points.
- To deliver and exceed on the quantitative and qualitative performance and budget expectations of the role.
- Delivery of a superior client service that ensures overall TCF(Treating Customers Fairly) principles and that the right client outcomes are achieved.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide input into the overall development of the banking business within the Private Bank.
- Identify referral opportunities and partner with other Private Bank and Investec Group specialisations in delivering solutions to our clients.
- To ensure that expectations, rules and guidance of the FCA are met within the business.
- Understanding, buy-in and practice of Investec’s culture and values.
- Where undertaking lending activities:
- To originate, assess risk and appropriately price lending opportunities
- Preparation of credit applications, loan and mortgage agreements and fielding existing client queries
- Acting as “first line of credit” to mitigate credit risk for the bank and to ensure
Core skills and knowledge:
- Experience originating clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange
- Experience providing bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs
- Client relationship management skills
- Understanding of all relevant internal processes, procedures, compliance and regulatory requirements e.g. AML, Conduct Risk etc.
- Specialist financial, market, competitor and banking knowledge
- Proven sales, networking, origination and business development skills and expertise
- Relevant banking and financial markets qualifications and experience (CeMap (or equivalent) is compulsory before undertaking regulated mortgage activities)
Back to opportunities