London - St. Pauls
Our client encourages a culture of respect and a working environment that nurtures extraordinary performance. They have asked us to find female candidates that shares passion, client focus and an entrepreneurial spirit for the role of Private Banker.
Do you have lending experience and CEMAP qualification? Have you dealt with high networth clients structuring complex lending deals? Do you have a natural inclination and passion to put the client first?
Our client provides specialist lending and banking services to high net worth and professional clients. The aim of this role is to advise clients and arrange mortgages for current and potential clients of the bank.
The Banking team are looking for seasoned lending professionals to originate clients, manage day to day transactional banking and effectively manage the end to end client journey by providing an out of the ordinary, distinctive client service. They need somebody with experience dealing in complex credit structures, in a private banking environment.
Description of role and key responsibilities:
- Originate new target market clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange.
- Manage and develop existing relationships with the aim of building and maintaining the portfolio, whilst continually identifying further business opportunities aligned to the client’s needs.
- Consistent and accurate capturing of client information at all touch points.
- To deliver and exceed on the quantitative and qualitative performance and budget expectations of the role.
- Delivery of a superior client service that ensures overall TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles and that the right client outcomes are achieved.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide input into the overall development of the banking business within the Private Bank.
- Identify referral opportunities and partner with other Private Bank and Group specialisations in delivering solutions to our clients.
- To ensure that expectations, rules and guidance of the FCA are met within the business.
- Understanding, buy-in and practice of the client’s culture and values.
- Where undertaking lending activities:
- To originate, assess risk and appropriately price lending opportunities
- Preparation of credit applications, loan and mortgage agreements and fielding existing client queries
- Acting as “first line of credit” to mitigate credit risk for the bank and to ensure
Core skills and knowledge:
- Experience originating clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange
- Experience providing bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs
- Client relationship management skills
- Understanding of all relevant internal processes, procedures, compliance and regulatory requirements e.g. AML, Conduct Risk etc.
- Specialist financial, market, competitor and banking knowledge
- Proven sales, networking, origination and business development skills and expertise
- Relevant banking and financial markets qualifications and experience (CeMap (or equivalent) is compulsory before undertaking regulated mortgage activities)
Back to opportunities