06 May 2022
12:00 - 1:00 PMMap
Parental Leave As A Father & A Manager
Come and join other Men for Inclusion 'Inclusionists' for our fortnightly virtual chat and discussion. We are welcoming members and non-members to join.
This week with our special guest, Drake Peabody, we will be discussing and sharing thoughts on Parental Leave As A Father & A Manager
We are rarely taught how to have conversations/navigate Parental Leave so it can be an awkward conversation for both managers & employees
- Life is going through a significant change into uncharted territory
- Will taking parental leave be held against me for promotions/future roles?
- Will I suffer financially for taking parental leave?
- When do I bring up the topic?
- Will I say the right thing & can it be used against me | taken out of context?
- How will I backfill the role | how will the work get done?
- What if the employee decides not to come back?
- Will the employee’s change once they become a parent?
- How will my budget/targets be impacted by this (e.g. paternity cover cost)?
Back to events